Thursday, August 12, 2010

The best way to a Kiwi's heart is through your imported maple syrup

Basically Martha Stewart

Yesterday before school I made some of my friends some delicious pancakes so they could eat maple syrup on something other than their fingers! In NZ real maple syrup is very expensive so the Kiwis resort to tragic substitutes like "Golden Syrup" and "Maple Flavoured Syrup".  Clearly my friends enjoyed my nation's pride quite a bit more!

Enjoying some 'grade A' tree sap

After breakfast, we took the ferry into town for a Travel and Tourism field trip. It was really fun and I finally got to go up the Sky Tower! (Like the CN tower, only smaller with a better view!) Also in the past week I got to meet the other inbound exchange students in my district; they all seem very lovely and their English is fantastic. I can't wait to get to know them better!

This weekend I'm heading up to Keri Keri in the Bay of Islands with Rotarian John and his wife Jose. I'm very excited as everyone has told me how beautiful the area is! You can look forward to seeing those photos in my next post!

1 comment:

  1. Hi K. Looks like you are having a blast. Should we fedex some poutine so your new (very cute) Kiwi friends can have a real Canadian treat?

    ReplyDelete